There are some foods that can minimize the probability of inflammation and they help your weight controlling hormones to functions exceptionally well, control your appetite and cravings and balance your blood sugar. These foods includes vegetables, fruits, oily fish, seeds and nuts and their essential oils, herbs, whole grains, and spices. All of these can actually be used for a healthy green diet.
Going Green with Your Diet
- Spices and herbs are very important. Why? Because they are particularly rich in essential antioxidants and other substances that can protect the cells of the body from damages created during an inflammatory process. Antioxidants work like protective parent that forms a shield surrounding the body’s cells. And they absorb the free radicals, losing destructive energy and being excreted safely outside the body.
- Cutting your apple in have and leaving one half for 20 minutes uncovered, you will see a free radicals damage occurring. The apple will start to dries up and go brown because it actually reacts with free radicals forming because of the oxygen. But, if you try to soak the other half of the apple in a lemon juice, it will retain its natural texture and color. This is so because it is being protected and coated by the essential vitamin c from the lemon juice. Indeed, Vitamin C is an extremely powerful antioxidant.
- The anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties of spices and herbs encourage burning of fats and reduce fat storage. In addition to that, they add excitement and much flavor to the food, which will result in decreased salt consumption. Too much of salt can prompt fluid retention, which is another fat loss adversary.
- It seems like every diet people have tried involved much of shopping. And that all the essential nutrients are richest in all fresh foods, but after struggling to shop for fresh foods, they will always return to those ready to eat chilled foods. Now, people learned that frozen vegetables and fruits are also packed with all the nutrients just like their fresh counterpart. So, if you have few bags of frozen vegetables and fruits, you can always make your own smoothies and soup. With this, you will be able to handle your weight problems.
- Drinking cold green tea combined or mixed with fruit juices and water when your hunger strikes, can make a different on your appetite. People often confuse their hunger with their thirst. Water can actually get rid of your hunger, but water is unexciting. Green tea blended with sweet, vitamin rich fruit juice, topped-up with water is definitely the best idea. It is definitely a filling, more exciting, fat burning solution when water isn’t enough for you.
- Always have apples and almonds in your handbag. Why? It’s because apples are rich in pectin, which helps in reducing fat absorption. And they are also rich with soluble fiber, which helps in slowing down sugar absorption in the bloodstream. While almonds are great protein and fat combination. When these two are combined, they will make great, filling, fat burning snack.